An integral part of the proper functioning of the body is the human endocrine system.
When it comes to women, the endocrine system closely intersects with reproductive capabilities, because it is the smooth functioning of the endocrine system that affects sexual health.
Prevention of disorders and treatment of endocrine-genital organs is a branch of modern medicine – endocrine gynecology.
WHAT IS ENDOCRINE GYNECOLOGY
This is a special section of general gynecology, which studies not just a woman’s reproductive system, but the reproductive system in connection with the level of production of various hormones in the body and their ratio. This section also examines the causes that can lead to hormonal imbalance.
What are hormones
These are special biological substances that are produced by the endocrine glands. Thanks to hormones, the internal organs and systems of the human body function as they should. Also, the ratio of hormones regulates the speed and quality of metabolism (metabolism).
• Produce hormones:
• thyroid gland;
• ovaries (in women);
• testicles (in men);
• pineal gland.
How hormones affect a woman’s sexual health
When it comes to reproductive health, each of the hormones plays a significant role. For example, estrogen and progesterone (female hormones produced by the ovaries) shape a woman’s menstrual cycle. In addition, for the clear functioning of the reproductive system are responsible for:
Follicle-stimulating hormone: It is produced by the pituitary gland. Its task is the timely development of the follicle and the maturation of the egg during the cycle.
Testosterone: Regulates the process of follicle maturation at the initial stage of the ovarian cycle.
Gonadotropic hormones: Activates the secondary development of the gonads.
Prolactin: Responsible for the proper functioning of the mammary glands during pregnancy and lactation.
Thyroid gland: In a healthy state is responsible for the timely start of the next menstrual cycle. Problems with its functioning can lead to the absence of menstruation.
SIGNS OF HORMONAL PROBLEMS
Endocrine disorders can lead to serious consequences, such as infertility or delayed sexual development in women. Therefore, it is important not to ignore the alarming symptoms. Including:
menstrual irregularities or its irregularity;
• long delays;
• excessive and prolonged bleeding;
• mastopathy (inflammation of the mammary glands);
• diagnosed with polycystic ovaries;
• discharge from the nipples outside of pregnancy and lactation;
• obesity, especially if it has no real external causes;
• male pattern baldness;
• skin problems (excessive dryness or oiliness, dermatitis);
• unsuccessful attempts to conceive a child for a year or more;
• several miscarriages in the first three months of pregnancy;
• enlargement of the thyroid gland and pain at its location.
• If at least two or three symptoms are noticed regularly, you should look for a gynecologist-endocrinologist in your area.
Approximate survey plan
I. Endocrine gynecology provides the following procedure for detecting disorders of internal organs and hormones:
II. Collection of anamnesis and examination of the patient to determine the external signs of pathology and to assess the severity of secondary sexual characteristics.
III. Ultrasound of the internal organs of the pelvis to determine whether there are internal pathologies of the uterus and ovaries. Inflammatory diseases such as cystitis may need treatment.
IV. Conducting tests for general biochemistry and blood sugar, thyroid and ovarian hormones.
The above procedures will help in diagnosis and maintenance of hormone gynecology.
NaijaVibe HoT DOWNLOAD
- DJ STiphBami – Beats and Juice (BJ 2021)
- Tems – Crazy Tings
- Skales – I Dey Miss You ft Imanse
- Olamide & Eskeez – Loose It
- Jaywon – Las Last ft Seyi Vibez
- DJ Latitude, Soundz & Fireboy DML – Peru (Amapiano Remix)
- 2Baba – Searching ft Bongos Ikwue
- Alternate Sound & Dj Big N – Afro Jam Session 2021 [MixTape]
- L.A.X – Faster
- DJ 4kerty – Focus Mixtape
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- Tito Da.Fire – Kokoro [AuDio + ViDeo]