I did my African tour last year and you can imagine the love and craze for Yemi Alade. It got to a point that a lady fainted. Nigerian music is massive in other countries. It has become a global brand. While performing in Paris, I got five ‘Johnnys’ on stage; men who love my music. My brand, Yemi Alade, is growing fast and I thank God for it.
I’m elated that this is happening to me; I had hoped for this. I had my African tour in 2014 and my tour of Nigerian cities was in 2013.
Do your fans go into a frenzy during your shows?
Yes! It happened during my African tour. Two ladies were so engrossed at my peak performance, they suddenly passed out and it was such a frenzy. Security and medical officials had to quickly wade in and revive them. It was humbling.
Your sexiness, swag and talent is drawing a lot of male fans, isn’t it?
(Laughs). I don’t know about that, but I try to give my best and my all. I love what I’m doing now and my management is pushing me to give my best. Yes, I’m sexy; I have heard that before, but my talent speaks more for me. Yemi is a home girl and relates with all. I’m just like the girl next door.
- DJ Maphorisa & Wizkid – Good Love [ViDeo]
- David Jones David – Jingle Bell [AuDio]
- DJ Tunez & Wizkid – Cool Me Down [AuDio]
- Moelogo – Koshi [AuDio]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Simi – Duduke [AuDio]
- WurlD & Sarz – Focus [AuDio]
- Reminisce – Over 2.5 [AuDio]
- Mani Lapussh – I Confess [AuDio]
- Tiwa Savage – One [AuDio]