The managing director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), Maikanti Baru, has assured Nigerians that the current fuel scarcity will disappear in the next two days.
Baru said that petrol is currently being subsidized to the tune of N26 per litre. He said that the landing cost of petrol (PMS) is N171 per litre and it is being sold at the pump at N145 per litre � a difference of N26.
Baru made this known while speaking with reporters in Abuja on Sunday, December 24, that the consumption of PMS had risen to over 50 million litres per day, due to hoarding and diversion. He said the product was being smuggled across the borders because of the price difference that exists between Nigeria and the neighbouring countries. He, however, stated that NNPC is already working actively to ensure that the fuel crisis disappears in two days.
Baru disclosed that NNPC has begun a 24-hour loading and sales operations at all depots and its mega stations across the country. He said: �Major marketers were also advised to carry out 24-hour operations, most of who have been complying. This has increased load-out from the depots significantly and continuous sales at the filling stations nationwide.”
- TareeQ – Medicine [AuDio + ViDeo]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Young Jonn – Incase [AuDio]
- TripleMG – Osho ft Iyanya & Tekno [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- FloWolf, Dremo & Mayorkun – On A Jay
- ClassiQ – Matsashi [AuDio]
- DJ Baddo – Best Of Fireboy Mix 2020
- Zoro – Church [AuDio]
- Olamide & Phyno – Ladi ft Lil Kesh [AuDio]