Flavour has been hit with a temporary ban from the Dominican Republic. He was set to perform at the 18th edition of the World Creole Music Festival.
His name and info which was officially on the list has been taken down.
According to Dominica News Online.
The prime minister, Roosevelt Skerrit said
Until a firm grip is secured on this Ebola virus, the world has to pay special attention to region of its predominance. West Africa, as I said previously, is once such region. I have reviewed the file with respect to the contractual arrangements entered into with the Flavour band out of Nigeria. To date a total of EC$147,000 has been expended on professional fees and international travel by this group.
Indeed, I would love if, by this time next year, the Ebola virus could have been brought under control, if not eradicated; regions around the world cleared of the threat of the virus, and entertainers, such as Flavour, could visit and perform in Dominica.
But, for the time being, I have advised the organizers of the World Creole Music Festival that the Government of Dominica would not be prepared at this time to sponsor or embrace the visit of persons from a universally recognized Zone One area of the dreaded Ebola virus.
Fellow Dominicans and friends, this is the decision of the Government! It is final!
- DJ STiphBami – Beats and Juice (BJ 2021)
- Teni – Moslado (Pheelz Refix)
- Omah Lay – Understand (AMEME Remix)
- Flavour – Levels
- Alternate Sound & Dj Big N – Afro Jam Session 2021 [MixTape]
- Zinoleesky – Gone Far
- Chike, Gyakie & Fiokee – Follow You
- DJ 4kerty – Focus Mixtape
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- Mayorkun – Back in Office
- Naira Marley – First Time in America
- Jamopyper – O Nana ft Olamide