She recently had her say via her social media page, and Nigerians have been reacting.
According to her, she didn’t become successful overnight and the year before she released her hit song “Mr Rebel,” she was actually living alone and struggling financially.
Tems added that she put too much pressure on herself to help provide for her family, and it was difficult without the security of a stable job.
Her words, “I couldn’t take care of anybody.”
“There were times when I was not just broke – I was broke and hopeless. I used to steal food. I used to go to my aunty’s house just so she could give me food to take home.”
“I just felt like, What is the point of me existing right now? You have to remember those times. Because that person does not exist anymore.”
“The decision I made was to not wallow in sadness. This person that can never be anything.”
“I didn’t have any self-esteem. I didn’t think I was pretty. I didn’t even think of my voice as anything. I just thought, There are so many people that can sing, I’m not a model, I don’t dance, but whatever chance I have, I’ll take it. Even if I end up singing under a bridge somewhere, I’ll be the best under-the-bridge singer ever.”
NaijaVibe HoT DOWNLOAD
- Dj Kamol – Crazy Gyration ft Skailey Normal [AuDio]
- Mr. Charis – All Back ft Zouwrah [AuDio]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Dj Ehyo – the Voluntary Mixtape
- Burna Boy – Celebrate [AuDio]
- VTEK – Yur Fada Nyash [AuDio]
- Bracket – Nana [AuDio]
- DJ Davisy – Best Of Olamide [MixTape]
- Reminisce ft Olamide & Endia – Government (Ijoba)
- Terry G – Shayo Yapa ft Prince banton
- Wizkid – Sexy Mama (Unreleased Version)
- Davido – Skelewu [AuDio]