The Oyo State police command, Wednesday, paraded the �strange fishthat almost caused stampede in Ibadan, Wednesday.
While dismissing some reports that claimed the strange looking creature was a mermaid�, the Oyo State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Mohammed Indabawa, said it was actually an octopus.
He further stated that the creature was strange to residents of Ibadan because they were not living in the riverine area.
The CP said: �I think it was an octopus and not a mermaid as claimed by some reports”� and urged the people to remain calm as the story around the discovery of a mermaid was not true.
The fish vendor, Mrs. Ramota Salawu, who first saw the octopus lamented her ordeal with some miscreants who insisted that she must produce the ‘mermaid’ she was hiding in her house.
According to her, the mob destroyed her property including her business. She denied seeing any mermaid as claimed by the surging crowd.
She said: �They beat my children and destroyed my property. I showed this creature to them that I never saw any mermaid.
�Even Osun river goddess adherents came saying they had to perform some rituals but I told them I was not an Osun worshipper and that I don’t know anything about mermaids. Later, the police had to rescue me from them.”
Also, the Permanent Secretary, Culture and Tourism, Mr. Bunmi Babalola said as far as he was concerned, the creature was an octopus.
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- DJ Spinall – Motivation Mix
- Philkeyz, Yemi Alade & Bisa Kdei – Complicated [AuDio]
- Patoranking – I’m In Love [AuDio]
- Kizz Daniel – Flex [ViDeo]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- DJ HM – Best Of Omah Lay ft Bella Shmurda [MixTape]
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- Omah Lay – Godly [AuDio]
- Stefflon Don – Can’t Let You Go Remix ft Tiwa Savage & Rema
- Kizz Daniel – Currently ft Olamide, Falz & LK Kuddy