Nigerian singer, Teni has revealed that her biggest influence musically is her big sister, Niniola.
Speaking to Punch, she broke down the relationship they both share as singers and sisters.
Her words, “I have a very wide taste in music; so, I listen to all sorts and that influences me in different ways. However, in the industry here in Nigeria, Niniola and Davido are among my biggest influences. Davido is a wonderful person and I recall the first time I met him was in Los Angeles, US. He advised me to stay focused on my music career and I would succeed. I am happy that has come to pass. As for Nini, she practically taught me how to sing and it is something I will always appreciate. My late father also loved music and he usually played songs a lot in the house. He really loved all his children and he did a lot to build our confidence and self esteem. Many times, I wish he were here to see what we have made of our lives.”
On how far she has come and her plans for the future, she said, “To be honest with you, I am amazed by how far I have come in a short while but I can also assure you that you have not seen anything yet. I still have a lot in stock. As a matter of fact, I have barely started. I am usually overjoyed when I see people singing my songs word for word with so much passion. I love to make people happy and I have been able to do that with my music. I have very big dreams as far as my career is concerned and I can only tell you to keep your fingers crossed.”
- DJ STiphBami – Beats and Juice (BJ 2021)
- Alternate Sound & Dj Big N – Afro Jam Session 2021 [MixTape]
- DJ 4kerty – Focus Mixtape
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- Flavour – Levels
- Teni – Moslado (Pheelz Refix)
- Maleek Berry – Peru (Cover)
- Larry Gaaga – Egedege ft Pete Edochie, Theresa Onuorah, Flavour & Phyno [ViDeo]
- Omah Lay – Understand (AMEME Remix)
- Qdot – Gbeja ft Wasiu Alabi Pasuma
- Zinoleesky – Gone Far
- Chike, Gyakie & Fiokee – Follow You