Yemi Alade’s fashion statement at the just concluded BET Awards, which held in Los Angeles, has got her fans talking and not many have nice things to say.
The Na Gode singer, who was nominated in the ‘Best International Act: Africa’ category, graced the red carpet of the awards ceremony, rocking a dress from celebrated designer Zuhair Murad 2016 Resort Collection.
The dress is said to have cost Yemi a whopping sum of N2.5 million, and it is alleged that the 27-year-old singer geared up to bring back the award this year. Recall, that last year the Johnny crooner dragged the BET awards committee on social media after she lost out, calling their programme ‘glorified’ and accusing them of favoritism.
Well, after getting another nomination this year in the same category, Yemi shared her excitement on Instagram, saying “Thank you for the love.. I would be nowhere without it. Thank you Jesus. VOTING DON START O! MAMA AFRICA SOLDIERS! LET’S BRING THIS HOME”
Sadly, Yemi lost out again this year to South Africa’s Black Coffee and now fans are dragging her for spending so much money on her dress and still losing
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- DJ Spinall – Motivation Mix
- Philkeyz, Yemi Alade & Bisa Kdei – Complicated [AuDio]
- Patoranking – I’m In Love [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Kizz Daniel – Flex [ViDeo]
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- Omah Lay – Godly [AuDio]
- Kizz Daniel – Currently ft Olamide, Falz & LK Kuddy
- Stefflon Don – Can’t Let You Go Remix ft Tiwa Savage & Rema
- DJ HM – Best Of Omah Lay ft Bella Shmurda [MixTape]