Award winning musician, 2Face’s (Innocent Idibia) record label, the 960 Music PR Team threatened legal action against a musician over an alleged infringement on copyright of his song.
Read the statement below:
NOTICE OF 2FACE COPYRIGHT IN THE SONG “CRAZY LOVE” AND WARNING AGAINST POTENTIAL INFRINGEMENT OF COPYRIGHT
It has been brought to our attention that there is a song Crazy Love being circulated on the internet which was composed and sang by one Ewa and purportedly featuring 2Face.
We wish to use this medium to categorically state that 2Face did not feature in any song composed and sang by any Ewa. The song is an illegal manipulation and super-imposition on 2Face’s unreleased song titled “Could This Be Love”. This odious and fraudulent act is not only condemnable but also an assault to the integrity of the entertainment industry which thrives on creativity and hard work.
In particular, the act is an infringement of 2Face right under the Copyright Act Cap C28, LFN 2004 and we shall employ the full force of law to enforce the breach of his reproduction, publishing, performance, communication rights which have been breached.
TAKE NOTICE that any person who performs or caused to be performed the said infringing song shall also be guilty of infringement under the Copyright Act and we shall not hesitate to bring the full weight of law to bear on the person.
NaijaVibe HoT DOWNLOAD
- DJ STiphBami – Beats and Juice (BJ 2021)
- Tems – Crazy Tings
- Alternate Sound & Dj Big N – Afro Jam Session 2021 [MixTape]
- 2Baba – Searching ft Bongos Ikwue
- Olamide & Eskeez – Loose It
- DJ Latitude, Soundz & Fireboy DML – Peru (Amapiano Remix)
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- Tito Da.Fire – Kokoro [AuDio + ViDeo]
- DJ 4kerty – Focus Mixtape
- L.A.X – Faster
- Skales – I Dey Miss You ft Imanse
- Jaywon – Las Last ft Seyi Vibez